Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation applies to specific types of commercial activities performed through electronic means.
CASL prohibits outright:
- on-line promotion of products and services using misleading or false representations
- collecting personal information or using that personal information without consent of the individual
- spyware, malware and other technology invasions
CASL regulates the following, each of which requires the prior consent of the recipient:
- sending commercial electronic messages (“CEMs”)
- altering transmission data in electronic messages
- installing computer programs on someone’s computer device, such as a smart phone
Pro-Demnity Insurance Company (“the Company”) is committed to complying with CASL, including its requirements with respect to the sending of “CEMs” by us to third parties in any electronic form, including email/text message/instant messages or over social media.
Our Anti-Spam Policy tolerates only CASL compliant email.
We regularly communicate with policyholders with respect to matters regarding insurance programs, including but not limited to coverages, claims, bulletins, loss prevention seminars, by electronic means. We also communicate with third parties relevant to the nature of our business.
All emails sent by the Company will be compliant with CASL and will include the option to ‘unsubscribe’ if any of recipients chooses to do so.
At any point in time, the recipient may ‘unsubscribe’ from receiving our CEMs by emailing: email@example.com and indicating ‘Unsubscribe’ in the subject line.
If ‘unsubscribe’ is chosen, the Company will be unable to communicate with the party concerned by electronic means and instead we will use fax or mail. The change in communication means will be done within 10 days of our receipt of the unsubscribe request.
A copy of our ‘CASL Consent Form’ can be downloaded here: