Are you an Ontario architect? Are you interested in using your architectural expertise in new ways, while protecting and defending the profession? Join our team as an Architectural Expert & Advisor.
As an Architectural Expert & Advisor, you will respond to the diverse array of challenges facing Ontario architects and support architectural firms to manage the risks associated with practice. You will be continually challenged, as you learn about risk, professional liability issues and insurance as it relates to practice. This is truly a unique and dynamic role!
As an Architectural Expert & Advisor, and a member of our Centre of Architectural Expertise, you will work collaboratively with leaders of its internal departments, including Claims & Legal, Underwriting, Risk Services, Risk Education and Marketing & Communication. Your expertise will help provide policyholders with leading products and services, relevant risk guidance, and support to ensure a vigorous defense in the event a claim is made against them.
Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting in Claims & Legal Defense: Partnering with a team of lawyers, insurance professionals and architects, you will assist in the investigation, analysis, and development of strategy. You will also provide support to the architect and our team during the litigation process.
- Build Relationships: Directly interact with Ontario architects, either in relation to a claim, when providing risk advice, and when executing Pro-Demnity’s client experience initiatives.
- Building New Value for Architectural Practices: Working with our internal leaders, help us improve the value we create for architects by seeking and identifying opportunities for us to improve and/or expand the products and services we offer to Ontario architects.
- Risk Education: Participate as a subject matter expert in the development and delivery of relevant and topical risk education materials/tools for Ontario architects pertaining to professional liability risk management.
- Risk Advice: Advise architectural practices on issues pertaining to professional liability risk management, including practical suggestions on how a practice can deal with both insured and uninsured risk.
Your key regular interactions will include:
- Colleagues within Pro-Demnity;
- Architectural firms and employees;
- External experts and consultants; and
- Internal and external lawyers.
You are an experienced, results-focused professional with the empathy and drive to help your profession and your professional colleagues. You are a member in good standing of the Ontario Association of Architects.
In addition to your membership in the OAA, you bring:
- At least 10 years in active practice;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, excellent report writing skills;
- Extensive experience in contract administration;
- Exceptional analytical, critical, and strategic-thinking skills;
- Strong administration and organizational skills;
- The ability to establish productive and effective working relationships, both internally and externally;
- Knowledge of Construction law is an asset;
- Proficiency in basic office software (Office 365 or equivalent).
Pro-Demnity Insurance Company is committed to maintaining a competitive total rewards program for employees, including a combination of annual income, incentive-based compensation, professional development, taxable and non-taxable benefits and vacation and other paid days away from work.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV along with your Cover Letter through our website. Pro-Demnity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants.