As the Director, Business Intelligence & Operations with Pro-Demnity Insurance you play a key role in supporting effective and timely decision-making while enabling operational execution that ensures the achievement of company goals and objectives. Core areas of your role will include: Business Intelligence, Strategic Planning, Operational Execution and Process Improvement. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and working as part of an integrated team, you will:
- Partner with business leaders to understand functional challenges and objectives.
- Develop consistent operational reporting to measure key indicators, including data sourcing, collection, compilation, and organization that results in insightful analysis.
- Lead the operational planning and execution process for the organization including, working with leadership to identify operational improvement opportunities, prioritizing and ensuring successful execution of approved initiatives by championing consistent oversight frameworks.
- Manages and leads mapping of processes and practises (i.e. current and future state) for functional areas and/or implements continuous improvements to maximize efficiencies and leverage synergies.
Your key daily interactions will involve all areas of the company including: Finance & Accounting, Underwriting, Claims, Marketing, Practise Risk Management, Human Resources & Technology.
You have proven analytical skills, and are attentive to detail, whilst understanding the bigger picture or ultimate objective. You are results-focused and driven, as you maintain strong relationships with others. You bring:
- University degree in a related field of study (e.g., Business, Commerce, Actuarial Studies, Math, Economics, Statistics, etc.);
- At least 4+ years of Canadian P&C insurance experience as a Business Analyst, Actuary, Data Scientist, or related role;
- Cross-functional experience considered an asset (Claims, Actuarial, Finance Underwriting, etc.);
- Project management experience or PMP designation would be an asset;
- Superior proficiency in Excel and Office 365 (or equivalent);
- Ability to use data to help form decisions from an execution perspective;
- Exceptional analytical, strategic and critical-thinking skills;
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and numerical visualization;
- Strong facilitation capabilities, establishing productive and effective working relationships;
- Sound administration and organizational skills, including the ability to perform under pressure, handle multiple priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines;
- Proactive problem-solving capacity, finding creative solutions to meet objectives.