As a Controller at Pro-Demnity Insurance, you will be work with a dedicated multidisciplinary team of architects, lawyers, insurance professionals and other associates. Reporting to the Vice President, Finance you will:
Maintain key accounting and internal controls including:
- Establish key processes and controls. Routinely review to ensure they are effective and efficient, including complying with applicable financial reporting standards.
- Review and approve journal entries and journal entry log.
- Complete monthly GL reconciliations for the balance sheet accounts and review/sign off reconciliations.
- Oversee banking transactions, monitor cash balances and support accounts receivable and payable processes.
Ensure regulatory reporting and compliance: Complete regulatory reporting to the regulator.
Complete month-end closing and adjusting entries including:
- Create and maintain closing schedules for internal and external deliverables.
- Prepare monthly investment, adjusting, fixed asset depreciation and lease adjusting entries.
- Reconcile claims activities between the claims administration system and GL.
- Complete monthly IBNR calculations utilizing the template from the Appointed Actuary.
- Process accruals and prepaid journals.
Support management reporting and business planning
- Assist VP of Finance in developing a 3-year business plan.
- Work with senior leadership, develop an expense plan with appropriate segmentation.
- Analyze actual expenses against benchmarks and communicate to senior management.
- Compile and analyze financial reporting packages.
- Assist VP Finance in the preparation of materials for the Finance & Audit committee and Board meetings.
Maintain reinsurance relations including:
- Reinsurance agreements and processes and preparing documents and analysis for to support renewal.
- Calculate monthly commissions.
Support Actuarial activity: Complete and submit required information, including questionaires.
Provide Accounting team support including: Mentor, train and ensure sufficient backup.
Your key daily interactions will include:
- Colleagues within the accounting team;
- Externally Appointed Actuary and Auditors;
- Architectural firms;
- Internal employees; and
- The leadership team.
You are an experienced, results-focused professional with the empathy, intelligence, and drive. You bring:
- An undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting or Finance from an accredited university;
- An Accounting designation (CPA);
- 7+ years senior accounting or financial management experience (preferably within the property and casualty insurance industry);
- Exceptional analytical, critical and strategic-thinking skills;
- Strong administrative, time management and organizational skills;
- Effective relationship management, establishing trust, using discretion and acting professionally, to maintain effective working relationships, including senior leadership;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, and
- Strong proficiency in basic office software (Office 365 or equivalent).
How to Apply
Please submit your CV along with your Cover Letter. Pro-Demnity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants.