We are a progressive, dynamic and diverse company solely focused on serving the architectural community in Ontario, and we have been doing it for over 35 years! As a Technology and Business Support Lead, you will be the face of Technology for all Pro-Demnity employees, ensuring positive employee experiences. Your focus will be on secure, effective, cost- and risk-conscious technology related workflows and processes, that allow Pro-Demnity to fulfil our promise to the clients we serve. This is truly a unique and dynamic role!
Triage & Coordinate: oversee and occasionally participate in the resolution of trouble tickets. This includes communicating with users to obtain the information necessary to understand their issues, sharing information with service providers, ensuring prompt resolution within prescribed service levels and maintaining documentation.
- work with business users to analyze, specify and document business requirements.
- produce business requirements that are scalable, efficient and improve process.
- review and approve recommended system solutions from external service providers.
- design and implement and coordinate testing of recommended solutions.
Onboarding & Offboarding: work with responsible managers to understand employee role requirements including equipment, training (enterprise and business applications) and system access, ensuring fulfillment of requirements, either directly or indirectly.
Vendor Management: ensure business day-to-day issues are directed to the appropriate resource and well understood and are met with the appropriate level of priority and urgency.
Strategic Projects: support strategic projects as a crucial member of the project team. May be asked to define or validate requirements, investigate and resolve problems, provide project team with application technical support and train employees.
Technology risk-related controls:
- work with service providers to ensure ongoing system health check, software updates, patching, repairs, renewal subscriptions, backups and other responsibilities are completed as expected.
- determine and maintain internal security controls such as user access inventory, equipment inventory, cyber security and internal technology policies relating to all environments.
- make recommendations to improve business process through technology, optimize IT performance, improve end-user experience and prevent future problems.
- monitor usage and cost of various platforms, including Azure. Determine mechanisms for archiving and/or offloading to manage short and long-term costs.
- complete periodic reviews and certifications.
Other duties as assigned.
You are an inquisitive, self-driven and self-guided individual with the empathy to support positive employee experience, while maintaining and improving technology-related processes. You bring:
Business Analyst / ITIL certification from an accredited college or university;
2+ years of experience with business and technical requirements analysis;
System administration experience;
End-user support experience with the ability to resolve and/or guide resolution of IT hardware, software, and connectivity issues;
2+ years experience working with a Property & Casualty Insurance company, with proficient knowledge of insurance business and supporting business applications;
Strong proven proficiency:
- Microsoft suite of enterprise applications (SharePoint, Office365, Active Directory, etc.);
- user support, having the ability to resolve or guide the resolution of IT hardware, software, and connectivity issues;
- working with external service providers to deliver a seamless user experience;
- to devise and refine effective and document efficient process related workflows; and
- project and user-testing management.
- analytical, and critical thinking skills;
- administrative, organizational and time management skills;
- problem-solving capacity, finding creative solutions to meet objectives;
- collaboration and interpersonal skills, ensuring effective working relationships across a wide range of internal and external groups; and
- written and verbal communication.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV along with your Cover Letter. Pro-Demnity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants.