We have collectively experienced many changes in our personal and business lives over the last year, and the situation continues to evolve. We deeply care about your success and financial well-being and, we recognise how the current challenges are directly and indirectly impacting your architecture business.
Moreover, you rely upon us to provide vital professional liability coverage and practice risk management solutions that may help protect your architectural practice and provide peace of mind. To this end, we’ve taken several actions to help:
- You now have the additional option to pay your premiums in six equal instalments to help improve your cash flow. The invoice on your renewal documentation reflects this option.
- Effective April 1, 2021, we are waiving 50% of the Administrative fee. The Administrative fee (3%) on your renewal invoice already reflects the waived amount from the fee applied during normal years (6%).
- Contactless options to pay your Premium or Deductible instalments, such as Pre-authorized debit, so you won’t miss a payment or put your professional liability insurance coverage in jeopardy.
- Publishing COVID-19 Special Edition Bulletins (below) to help you navigate active projects and client expectations.
- Monitoring this evolving situation and committed to keeping you apprised of further updates. As of April 8, 2021, a provincewide Stay-at-Home order has been declared by the government of Ontario. Please refer to our most recent COVID-19 Special Edition Bulletins #7-#10 below. We are continuously reviewing and assessing information and guidance as these become available. We will provide ongoing updates via Special Edition Bulletins, LinkedIn and E-mail to our clients as necessary.
COVID-19 Special Edition Bulletins and Additional Resources
- Changes to Allowable Construction Activities (April 26, 2021) – Kennaley Construction Law Reproduction
- COVID-19 Special Bulletin #10 (March 4, 2021) – General Review and Site Visits
- COVID-19 Special Bulletin #9 (February 26, 2021) – Delays, Substitutions and Personal Injury Claims
- COVID-19 Special Bulletin #8 (February 16, 2021) – Going Forward in 2021-Reinforcing Smart Behaviours
- COVID-19 Special Bulletin #7 (February 11, 2021) – Implications, Building Permits & Site Visits and Health and Safety
- COVID-19 Special Bulletin #6 (April 9, 2020) – Projects Proceeding without a Building Permit
- COVID-19 Special Bulletin #5 (April 7, 2020) – General Review and Site Visits
- COVID-19 Special Bulletin #4 (April 6, 2020) – Building Officials Suspending Site Inspections (Part II)
- COVID-19 Special Bulletin #3 (March 31, 2020) – Building Officials Suspending Site Inspections (Part I)
- COVID-19 Special Bulletin #2 (March 24, 2020) – Delays, Substitutions and Personal Injury Claims
- COVID-19 Special Bulletin #1 (March 20, 2020) – Potential Claims & Things You Can Do Now
Finally, we’re here to help with your underwriting needs, claims-related support or practice risk management services and strategies. As always, we look forward to serving you and your firm.
Page updated on April 30, 2021